Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Three - Yet Another Day of Travel

October 8th

After staying at Sasha's house last night, we got up and left his house before 7:30 am.  I don't know if it was because it was raining or if it was because it was Monday, but traffic was packed trying to get out of Kiev.  After a quick stop for fuel when we got to the outskirts of town, Luts'k bound we were.

Just like every trip Rachelle and I took out there before, we stopped at Sasha's parents house.  It is right at half way and gives an opportunity to get out, stretch our legs and for a bonus, he gets to see his parents.  We had lunch and stayed for a little under an hour.  His dad had fallen in the shower.  His right eye was black and blue like he got in a fist fight with someone.  His mother had just recently lost her older brother, so she was talking to Sasha about that as well.

After his mom Blessing Us as we walked to the car, on the road again we were.  Up to this point it had been cold and rainy all day.  The sun decided to come out and it was either that or a combination of that and the Orthodox Church podcast we were listening to that caused me to doze off.  He hit the brakes a couple of times to wake me up, but after about the 3td time I think he gave up.  When the clouds came back and it cooled off, I was awake again.

We finally arrived in the little community North of Luts'k where Vanya is from and got our Hotel rooms for the night.  We checked in our rooms and Sasha wanted to rest for a couple of hours prior to going downstairs to eat.  This provided me the opportunity to text Rachelle to see how her and Andrew were doing.  She told me that he started coughing throughout the night, so after some med's and in bed with her he was out.  I took a little bit of a nap myself before Sasha and I went downstairs and had a pizza.

Tomorrow, Tuesday is a BIG DAY!  We will be leaving early in the morning to go take care of some documents and he will call to check on Vanya's Passport.  Dependent upon when we get the Passport, depends on when we will go pick Vanya up and close-out the process at the Orphanage.  If everything goes well, by this time tomorrow; I will have Vanya here with me.  HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment