Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chapter Twenty-Five - Finally, Vanya is with Daddy


October 10th:

I set my alarm for a couple of different times throughout the night that matched up to times where I could talk and text Rachelle.  Yesterday was especially one of those days when I wish she would have been here more than the rest.  Andrew hasn't been sleeping very well since I have been gone.

I was also able to call in and listen to the discussion portion of a Small Group I am involved in at Victory Edmond.  It still amazes me that I can be this far away, and yet after a couple of phone calls and text messages I feel like I am right at home.

Sasha and I left the Hotel around 8:00 am, glad I made myself go back to sleep and get some sleep.  We went to a coffee shop in Luts'k waiting for the Passport office to open.  I had a bacon and egg sandwich and a couple of cups of coffee.  Sasha was told that the Passport would be ready after 10:00 am, but he called the lady about 30 minutes before and she told him that it was ready.  SWEET!!!  After a few signatures and initials here and there on some forms, PASSPORT WAS IN HAND!!!

We then went to the Orphanage to pick Vanya up.  On the way there it still moves me that I was actually picking up this little boy and was in a few days be taking him HOME!!!

The Orphanage Director was SO HAPPY to see us.  I handed her a backpack of clothes and one of the staff there went upstairs to get him ready.  After a short while, here he was dressed in NORMAL clothes and ready to go.  Vanya and I took a picture with the Orphanage Director and then off we were. 

He sat in the seat so quiet and calm.  He would look out the window and just watch.  During the trip, I told Sasha that I can't imagine what is going through his mind right now.  Especially after the first hour in the car knowing that he had only been transported around ing a close proximity from the Orphanage.  

We were about an hour and a half outside of Luts'k when Sasha and the two cars in front of us got pulled over.  We had no idea why they pulled us over, but once we found out it was a Blessing!  Two cars in front of us missed the little small sign directing traffic to merge back over to the double East bound lane, and Sasha nor I saw the sign either.  Kind of convenient that the Police were stationed at this area, felt like a trap.  Vanya and I waited in the car while Sasha got out and talked to the Police.  He had to wait his turn, as he was the 3rd car that was pulled over.  After about 20 minutes of waiting in the car it started to get a little unnerving.  The ONLY guy that knows how to close this Adoption out just got pulled over for essentially going the wrong way on a highway.  FINALLY he was back in the car and on our way to Kiev we were once again.

As always, whenever travel to and from Luts'k from Kiev, Sasha has to stop at his parents house.  The issue I had was that it was close to 3:00 pm by the time we got there.  I know I was hungry and I couldn't imagine how hungry Vanya might be.  Sometimes Sasha's personal agenda's conflict with why I am over here.  So after about an hour at being at his parents house, with his mom continuing to add more and more stuff for him to take, I finally hit my boiling point.  I told him very firmly without loosing my cool that I was ready to get back on the road and I want to get settled into an apartment I haven't been in before with a little boy before it gets too much after dark.  I told him that we have yet to go to the store to get groceries for Vanya and myself and it is time to go.  Sasha did not take it too well.  We left shortly after and he didn't have much to say for the remaining two and a half hours we had remaining on our trip.  After about 45 minutes, I told him that if he was mad at me then I was sorry for that, however for him to put himself in my shoes for a minute then hopefully he would understand.

Once we arrived in Kiev, we went to the store and then to the Apartment.  Ah, a sigh of relief.  Vanya and I got acclimated, I fixed a late dinner as now it was after 7:00 pm.  The apartment has couple of doors leading into the bedroom, with the television in there.  There is a love seat in the little room just off the kitchen.  I took the cushions off of it and with the extra quilt made a bed for Vanya on the floor of the bedroom.  I found an English music station kept it there on low volume.  Before I knew it he was out and ended up sleeping all night. 

I got up a couple of times to talk to Rachelle and Andrew, filling her in on the events of the day.  Basically I have a couple of more days and I am SO READY TO BE BACK HOME TO STAY!!!

Thursday is Medical Appointment and the US Embassy appointment at 10:30 am to go over the documents and schedule the interview for Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment